Apostille and attestation of Documents for use in countries abroad
If you are an individual or a corporate body looking at using your documents being it a PAN card, Voter’s ID or Certificate of Incorporation, you will have get it attested by the approved authority in India.
For example, if you are an Indian and would to incorporate a company in Germany, the registering authority in Germany would insist for certain documents (like Identity Proof and Address Proof) to be submitted for the registration purposes. They will also insist that these documents to be attested by the appropriate Government body, in order to ensure the authenticity of the documents.
Cogzidel helps our clients in obtaining this attestation. Here is a brief on this:
Ministry of External Affairs is responsible for attestation of documents for use in countries abroad. This service is now being performed by its offices located at the following places.
1. Delhi : Attestation cell, CPV Division, MEA,
Patiala house annexe, Tilak Marg,
New Delhi – 110 011
Telefax: 011 – 23387931
2. Chennai : MEA Branch Secretariat
E.V.K Sampath Maaligai – 7th floor,
68, college Road, Chennai – 6
Ph: 044 – 28251323 / 28272200
Fax: 044 – 28251034
3. Hyderabad : MEA Branch secretariat
Old reception Hall, Near Old Gate,
Andhra Pradesh Secretariat,
Hyderabad – 22
Ph: 040 – 23456051 Fax: 040 – 23451244
4. Kolkata : MEA Branch Secretariat
2, Ballygunge, Park Road
Kolkata – 700 019 Ph: 033 – 22879701
Fax: 033 – 22879703
5. Guwahati : MEA Branch Secretariat
House No.307, Beltola, Basistha Road,
Guwahati – 781028. Ph: 0361 – 2229155
Fax: 0361 – 2229157
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING ATTESTATION OF DOCUMENTS
1. Please approach the concerned Regional Authentication Centre for initial attestation.
2. Thereafter, please bring the following documents to the branch secretariat.
– Original documents along with a copy thereof (back to back)
– Photo identity proof i.e. passport copy of the person bringing the documents.
– Letter of authorization in case the certificate holder cannot come in person, along with photo identity proof of the representative.
Note: The service is rendered free of charge.
1. The requirements are the same as for general attestation.
2. The prescribed fee of Rs. 50/- per sticker may please be paid by bank draft in favour of “PAO, MEA, NEW DELHI”.
Note: For more than one document the fee should be paid through a single DD only. Eg. If there are 5 documents, a single DD for Rs. 250/- may be presented.
3. Attestation/Apostille documents should be free from lamination. If already laminated, the lamination may be removed in such a way that a minimum are of 12cm x 13cm is left free for both Apostille sticker and attestation seals.
4. Applicants are advised to ensure that the demand drafts submitted are in order. The following points may please be noted.
– Date of draft to be correctly mentioned.
– The draft is to be made payable to “PAO, MEA, New Delhi”.
– Prescribed fee and amount in draft are the same.
– Signature of authorized signatory of bank is affixed.
Attestation Timings: 09.30 – 12.30 Pm
Documents Delivery Timings: 04.00 – 05.00 pm
Regional Authentication Centre for Authentication of Educational Documents/General Documents.
1. Tamil Nadu : Under Secretary to Govt. public
(Foreigners) dept, Govt. of Tamil Nadu,
Chennai – 9 Ph: 044 – 25670324
2. Karnataka : Under Secretary, Home Dept. Passport&
Foreigners Room no 224 II nd floor,
Vidhana Soudha, Govt. of Karnataka,
Bangalore – 560 001
Ph: 080 – 22033371
3. Kerala : Regional Authentication officers, Lotus
Villa, Sasthamangalam, Govt of Kerala,
Ph: 0471 – 5575212
4. Puducherry : Home dept, Chief Secretariat,
Puducherry. Ph: 0413 – 2333271 / 75