The Client approached us (after reading the blog on our website with respect to Magazine Registration) for registering their magazine.
After the application for “Verification of Title” was submitted, the client was in real hurry to register their magazine and started pressurizing us aggressively, without understanding the complete procedures involved.
Solution provided by Cogzidel:
We met their board of directors and explained the procedure as follows
1. Approach the Regional Magistrate court.
2. Prepare the application in the format as prescribed
3. Obtain R. Dis Number allotted by the magistrate court
4. Applying to Registrar of Newspapers for India (RNI), Delhi office for name availability through the magistrate court
5. It would take about 90 days of time for the RNI, Delhi office to approve the name as proposed.
6. Once the name is approved by Delhi office, then approach the magistrate court to get a date allotted for taking the oath (date can be allotted anytime between 1 to 4 months from the date of request)
7. After that, RNI regional office to be contacted for obtaining the final approval.
Though a publisher has to wait till he gets the final approval for circulating the magazine for a price, they are permitted to publish and circulate the magazine for free to the public (before the till the time they get approval)
We explained this point to the client, and they were glad that at least they could start off the publication though not for a monetary benefit. Adopted the same and have become so popular today in the magazine world.